TheStadiumBusiness is delighted to unveil the finalists for the stadium sector’s 2021 Awards.
Our congratulations to all of our finalists for making the shortlists. We will be in touch shortly to advise the next steps of your nomination. Meanwhile, the full dossier (and supporting evidence) has been compiled and is on its way to the Judging Panel for final adjudication.
PS. If you’re on the shortlists but not received your Awards Media Kit and Awards night invitation then do email us.
Proudly presenting our 2021 Finalists:
SUSTAINABILITY & COMMUNITY AWARD
- Aarhus. Ansvar. Fremtid: Strategic sustainability program – AGF Aarhus
- BeAsOne Community Program – Cagliari Calcio
- The Beacon: Community Hub – Foundation of Light, Sunderland FC
- SMISA Stadium – St Mirren FC
- Toronto Vaccine Day: Our Winning Shot – Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment
- Wall of Honour: Ajax Fan Columbarium – PC Uitvaart/Ajax FC/Funeral Products
FAN EXPERIENCE AWARD (sponsored by AVIXA)
- Allegiant Stadium Tours – Las Vegas Raiders/BRC Imagination Arts, USA
- 5G Test Bed at Cegeka Arena – KRC Genk, Belgium
- Power Portal – Cleveland Cavaliers, USA
- AberDNA & Challenger Club strategy – Aberdeen FC, Scotland
- Warriors’ Dub Hub – Golden State Warriors, USA
- AV/AI-driven Ground Printer– GroundWOW
- Social Distancing Seating Tool – 3D Digital Venue
- VenueShield™ Programme – ASM Global
- Venue Twin – OnePlan
- VfL Connect hospitality app – VfL Wolfsburg
- Covid Safety Hub – Realife Tech
INTERIOR & FIT-OUT AWARD
- Cache Creek Club at Levi’s Stadium – San Francisco 49ers
- Field Cabanas and Bungalow Suites at SoFi Stadium – LA Rams
- Interior Preservation and Modernisation – Helsinki Olympic Stadium
- Westview at Stamford Bridge – Chelsea FC/KSS
- Wynn Field Club at Allegiant Stadium – Las Vegas Raiders
- Infrastructure and Technology Services at Adams Park – Wycombe Wanderers FC / Landways Management
- LED Lighting System in Berlin’s Olympic Stadium – Olympiastadion Berlin GmbH
- Nationwide EPOS Implementation – ASM Global (UK)
- PAM Wayfinding & Touchpoints at SoFi Stadium – LA Rams/Hollywood Park
- Technology Partners Integration at Chase Center – Golden State Warriors
PROJECT OF THE YEAR
- Grand Palais Ephemere – Jean-Michel Wilmotte/GL Events/Paris2024
- Helsinki Olympic Stadium renovation – Helsinki, Finland
- Leicester City FC Training Ground – Leicester City FC
- Lynn Family Stadium – Soccer Holdings/Louisville City FC/HOK
- Compton & Edrich Stands at Lord’s – Marylebone Cricket Club/WilkinsonEyre
- Sahlen Field renovations – Toronto Blue Jays
SPONSORSHIP, SALES & MARKETING AWARD
- Avicii Arena – Trygg-Hansa and Bauhaus/ASM Global/Tim Bergling Foundation
- DRV PNK Stadium – Inter Miami CF
- The Hundred – England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
- ‘New Lawn’ naming rights – Forest Green Rovers FC
- Virtual Pink Seat – Sydney Cricket Ground/McGrath Foundation/Cricket Australia
UNSUNG HERO AWARD
- Danielle Snyder, Senior Vice President, Guest Services & Security, STAPLES Center
- Lesley Spuhler, CEO, Foundation of Light (Sunderland AFC)
- Gary Storrie, Health and Safety Manager, Formula 1
- James Tagg, Executive Head Chef, Manchester United
- Jackie Ventura, Director of Facility Health and Hygiene, Golden State Warriors
- Guy Wickett, Development Manager (En Todo), Crystal Palace FC
EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR AWARD
- Vince Cicero, SVP of Corporate Partnerships, FC Cincinnati /TQL Stadium
- Eric Granger, General Manager, KFC Yum! Center
- Al Guido, President, San Francisco 49ers
- Freyja Handy, General Counsel (Europe), ASM Global
- Joe Lacob, CEO & Co-Executive Chairman, Golden State Warriors
- Tim Shannahan, CEO, Orangetheory Stadium
VENUE OF THE YEAR AWARD
- Allegiant Stadium
- Brentford Community Stadium
- Chase Center
- SoFi Stadium
- Suncorp Stadium
- WiZink Center Madrid
- The Outstanding Achievement Award recognises an individual that has shown exceptional commitment, service and leadership to the stadium, arena and major venue industry over a sustained period of time. (And no, they don’t have to be retiring any time soon!)
- No shortlist. Recipient is selected privately by TheStadiumBusiness Awards team and will be announced at the 2021 Winners Party.
If you made the shortlists, we’ll be in touch shortly!
Winners will be announced on evening of 30 November at #SBS21 in Manchester. See you there!
What are people saying?
“The Summit was superb! So many interesting presentations and panel discussions... we’ll definitely be back next year!”
Kathryn Morgan Business Development Director, Sodexo Live!
You guys did a great job. Really enjoyed the programming and hospitality.
Scott Jenkins General Manager, Mercedes-Benz Stadium
The best conference I've ever attended!
Lee Zeidman President, STAPLES Center
Over the past decade you have done an incredible job to build this event. A truly international stage...
Jean Christophe Gileta President , Live Stadium
Thanks for putting on another great event. It exceeded expectations – both in terms of the quantity and quality – of conversations over the two days...
Business Development Director Sports and Entertainment, Oracle Hospitality
Another great eventy. Always nice to catch up with the industry – and get all those ideas flowing