About the Awards
TheStadiumBusiness Awards recognise leadership, innovation & achievement in the delivery, operation and management of sports facilities globally.
Inaugurated in 2010, the Awards are the first (and only) awards for the industry, by the industry and are presented each year during TheStadiumBusiness Summit.
The Awards were launched in order to:
- Recognise achievement, innovation, fresh thinking and the leaders in the world of stadium, arena and sports venue management.
- Raise industry standards and encourage greater professionalism.
- Drive awareness of the stadium, arena and sports venue sector.
Nominations for TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2020 are now open. Nominate here.
NB. Nominations close 24 January 2020.
• 09 December 2019 – Nominations Open
• 3 January 2020 – Judging Panel Announced
• 24 January 2020 – Nominations Close
• 07 February 2020 – Shortlists Announced
• 10 February 2020 – Dossier to Judges
• 21 April 2020 – Winners Announced
THE 2019 WINNERS
The winners and shortlisted nominees in each category are as follows:
VENUE OF THE YEAR
Category winner: Marvel Stadium, Australia
- Fiserv Forum, USA
- Banc of California Stadium, USA
- VTB Arena Park, Russia
- Marvel Stadium, Australia
- State Farm Arena, USA
- Etihad Stadium, UK
EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR AWARD
Category winner: Nick Sautner, CEO, Eden Park
- Brad Estes, President, Louisville City FC
- Kim Bedier, Director, Tacoma Venues & Events
- Laurie Dalrymple, Managing Director, Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
- Nick Sautner, CEO, Eden Park
- Thad Sheely, COO, Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena
EVENT OF THE YEAR AWARD
Category Winner: The Pink Test – Jane McGrath Day 2019 at Sydney Cricket Ground
- MultiSport Expo at Kazan Arena
- CONMEBOL Libertadores Cup Final (River Plate v Boca Juniors) at the Bernabéu
- 2018 HSBC Sevens at Cape Town Stadium
- Give Gift of Football/Come Home This Christmas – Boxing Day Game at Stadium of Light (Sunderland AFC)
- Washington Capitals Stanley Cup Finals Watch Party at Capital One Arena
- The Pink Test – Jane McGrath Day 2019 at Sydney Cricket Ground
UNSUNG HERO AWARD
Category Winner: Carmen Alvarez Beas, Head of Stadium Operations, Real Madrid
- Carmen Alvarez Beas, Head of Stadium Operations, Real Madrid
- Kelly Kauffman, Chief Human Capital Officer, Milwaukee Bucks
- Chris Sheap, Vice President of Ticket Operations, Washington Wizards
- Gordon Jackson, Event Safety Officer, Hibernian FC
FAN EXPERIENCE AWARD
Category Winner: Fan-First culture (Liverpool FC)
- New East Stand hospitality spaces (Twickenham Stadium)
- Fan-First culture (Liverpool FC)
- STAGE staff induction and training programme (Fiserv Forum/Milwaukee Bucks)
- Smart Wearable Shirt SOLOS (Real Sociedad, Spain and AFL Sydney Derby)
- Benfica Tour 360 App (Sport Lisboa/Benfica)
- Flyers Family Fun Zone (Wells Fargo Arena/MVP)
Category Winner: NFC Ticketing via Apple Watch and iPhone at Allianz Arena (FC Bayern Munich/SkiData)
- Double-sided LED halo ring display at Coop Norrbotten Arena (Bright Group/infiLED)
- Viola App – Mobile ticket wallet transfer at FK Austria Vienna (keyper)
- NFC Ticketing via Apple Watch and iPhone at Allianz Arena (FC Bayern Munich/SkiData)
- CrowdKinetics’ analysis of Safe Standing (Premier League/BuroHappold)
- Oilers Flash Mob / Flashpoint LED light show at Rogers Place (Game Changer / Edmonton Oilers)
- Fantom smartband (Manchester City FC)
SUSTAINABILITY & COMMUNITY
Category Winner: The Green Team successes at TheO2 (AEG 1Earth)
- Sporting Salutes at Children’s Mercy Park (Sporting Kansas City)
- Tackling Dementia Sports Café at Sixways Stadium (Worcester Warriors)
- The Green Team successes at TheO2 (AEG 1Earth)
- Protect The Pitch (LA Galaxy/Dignity Health Sports Park)
- Reconstruction of Paride Tilesi Stadium after the Amatrice earthquake
- Sensory Bags+ at Bridgestone Arena (Nashville Predators/Kulture City)
SPONSORSHIP, SALES & MARKETING AWARD
Category Winner: Atlanta United’s record-breaking ticket run to MLS Cup (Atlanta United FC/AMB Sports & Entertainment)
- Atlanta United’s record-breaking ticket run to MLS Cup (Atlanta United FC/AMB Sports & Entertainment)
- A’s Access membership – new generation, flexible season ticket (Oakland Athletics/MLB)
- SoccerLease vehicle lease activation (Birmingham City FC/SG Fleet)
- Demand Release ticketing (tickets.ie/Newcastle Falcons/EPCR)
- Coors Light Beer Button (NBA Milwaukee Bucks/MillerCoors/Levy)
- AberDNA membership campaign (Aberdeen FC/Stadimax)
VENUE TECHNOLOGY AWARD
Category Winner: Integrated arena systems at Fiserv Forum (Milwaukee Bucks)
- Shift-bidding and staff swapping at Emirates Old Trafford (Humanforce/Lancs Cricket)
- Catering Digital Transformation across 8 French stadia (St Once/CasinoGroup/Digifood)
- Digital Infrastructure at Gloucester Rugby’s Kingsholm Stadium (Landways)
- Arena fan experience makeover at Capital One Arena (Monumental Sports & Entertainment)
- Integrated arena systems at Fiserv Forum (Milwaukee Bucks)
- App-free in-seat ordering at BC Place Stadium (Centerplate/Ready/Bypass)
OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
Category Winner: Daniel Gidney, Chief Executive, Lancs Cricket
Download the WINNERS BROCHURE HERE with background and images on the winners.
2019 Judging Panel
Take a look at the 2019 Judging Panel here
Our 2018 Awards winners were announced on 12 June at Emirates Old Trafford Manchester
- Click here to see our 2017 Winners
- View our Flickr gallery of TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2017 Gala Evening
See Awards Terms & Conditions
What are people saying?
You guys did a great job. Really enjoyed the programming and hospitality.
Scott Jenkins General Manager, Mercedes-Benz Stadium
The best conference I've ever attended!
Lee Zeidman President, STAPLES Center
Over the past decade you have done an incredible job to build this event. A truly international stage...
Jean Christophe Gileta President , Live Stadium
Thanks for putting on another great event. It exceeded expectations – both in terms of the quantity and quality – of conversations over the two days...
Business Development Director Sports and Entertainment, Oracle Hospitality
Another great eventy. Always nice to catch up with the industry – and get all those ideas flowing
Jacob Lauesen Director Brand Marketing & Development, F.C. København
Your conference is the industry benchmark. Any individual working in the industry has the opportunity to take away learnings for their own venue.