About the Awards
TheStadiumBusiness Awards recognise leadership, innovation & achievement in the delivery, operation and management of sports facilities globally.
Inaugurated in 2010, the Awards are the first (and only) awards for the industry, by the industry and were announced on 22 April.
The Awards were launched in order to:
- Recognise achievement, innovation, fresh thinking and the leaders in the world of stadium, arena and sports venue management.
- Raise industry standards and encourage greater professionalism.
- Drive awareness of the stadium, arena and sports venue sector.
The 2020 winners have been announced online here.
We were unable to present the winners during our traditional gala dinner so instead we have announced the 2020 Winners online here. It’s worth noting that nominations for the TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2020 closed on 24 January 2020 and as such the shortlists showcase primarily the achievements of the stadium sector in 2019, before the industry lockdown due to COVID-19 outbreak.
Rather than postponing, TheStadiumBusiness is announcing the Winners as scheduled to provide some ideas and inspiration for our sector ahead of its much-anticipated return post-virus.
• 09 December 2019 – Nominations Open
• 10 January 2020 – Judging Panel Announced
• 24 January 2020 – Nominations Close
• 17 February 2020 – Shortlists Announced
• 13 March 2020 – Dossier to Judges/final judging
• 22 April 2020 – Winners Announced
• 29 September 2020 – Winners’ Party (Emirates Old Trafford)
This year’s international expert Judging Panel comprises 11 industry leaders – drawn from venue operations, sports investment, sports teams, technology and architecture. View them all here.
See Awards Terms & Conditions
What are people saying?
You guys did a great job. Really enjoyed the programming and hospitality.
Scott Jenkins General Manager, Mercedes-Benz Stadium
The best conference I've ever attended!
Lee Zeidman President, STAPLES Center
Over the past decade you have done an incredible job to build this event. A truly international stage...
Jean Christophe Gileta President , Live Stadium
Thanks for putting on another great event. It exceeded expectations – both in terms of the quantity and quality – of conversations over the two days...
Business Development Director Sports and Entertainment, Oracle Hospitality
Another great eventy. Always nice to catch up with the industry – and get all those ideas flowing
Jacob Lauesen Director Brand Marketing & Development, F.C. København
Your conference is the industry benchmark. Any individual working in the industry has the opportunity to take away learnings for their own venue.