About the Awards
TheStadiumBusiness Awards recognise leadership, innovation & achievement in the delivery, operation and management of sports facilities globally.
Inaugurated in 2010, the Awards are the first (and only) awards for the industry, by the industry and are presented each year during TheStadiumBusiness Summit.
The Awards were launched in order to:
- Recognise achievement, innovation, fresh thinking and the leaders in the world of stadium, arena and sports venue management.
- Raise industry standards and encourage greater professionalism.
- Drive awareness of the stadium, arena and sports venue sector.
The 2019 Awards ceremony will take place at Emirates Old Trafford, on 4 June in Manchester, UK.
Nominations are now closed for TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2019!
• 14 January 2019 – Nominations Open
• 11 March 2019 – Nominations Close
• 28 March 2019 – Shortlists Announced
• 4 June 2019 – Winners Announced
2019 Judging Panel
Take a look at the 2019 Judging Panel here
Our 2018 Awards winners were announced on 12 June at Emirates Old Trafford Manchester
- Click here to see our 2017 Winners
- View our Flickr gallery of TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2017 Gala Evening
See Awards Terms & Conditions
SUSTAINABILITY & COMMUNITY AWARD
To recognise achievement, success or leadership in the pursuit of sustainable and/or community-driven venue and event management.
- Sporting Salutes at Children’s Mercy Park (Sporting Kansas City), USA
- Tackling Dementia Sports Café at Sixways Stadium (Worcester Warriors), UK
- The Green Team successes at The O2 (AEG 1Earth), UK
- Protect The Pitch (LA Galaxy/Dignity Health Sports Park), USA
- Reconstruction of Paride Tilesi Stadium after the Amatrice earthquake, Italy
- Sensory Bags+ at Bridgestone Arena (Nashville Predators/Kulture City), USA
EVENT OF THE YEAR AWARD
For the best sports or non-sports event, guest event, concert or one-off spectacle held at a major sports venue in the last 12 months. We are looking for something out of the ordinary, something special, something that sets a future trend. The award recognises the event’s host venue, and thus entries should reference why the venue’s management/operational team deserves special recognition for their delivery.
- MultiSport Expo at Kazan Arena, Russia
- CONMEBOL Libertadores Cup Final (River Plate v Boca Juniors) at the Bernabéu, Madrid
- 2018 HSBC Sevens at Cape Town Stadium
- ‘Give Gift of Football/Come Home This Christmas’ – Boxing Day Game at Stadium of Light (Sunderland AFC)
- Washington Capitals Stanley Cup Finals Watch Party at Capital One Arena
- The Pink Test – Jane McGrath Day 2019 at Sydney Cricket Ground
VENUE TECHNOLOGY AWARD
For the stadium, arena or major sports venue that has delivered innovative technology to transform and improve the way it operates.
- Shift-bidding and staff swapping at Emirates Old Trafford (Humanforce/Lancs Cricket)
- Catering Digital Transformation across 8 French stadia (St Once/CasinoGroup/Digifood)
- Digital Infrastructure at Gloucester Rugby’s Kingsholm Stadium (Landways)
- Arena fan experience makeover at Capital One Arena (Monumental Sports & Entertainment)
- Integrated arena systems at Fiserv Forum (Milwaukee Bucks)
- App-free in-seat ordering at BC Place Stadium (Centerplate/Ready/Bypass)
UNSUNG HERO AWARD
For an individual (or team) that delivers consistently outstanding service to a particular stadium, arena or major sports venue… without recognition! Awarded to the quiet achiever(s), the rising stars, the ever-reliable ‘behind-the-scenes’ fixer(s) and the person(s) that ‘just gets on with the job’.
- Carmen Alvarez Beas, Head of Stadium Operations, Real Madrid
- Kelly Kauffman, Chief Human Capital Officer, Milwaukee Bucks
- Chris Sheap, Vice President of Ticket Operations, Washington Wizards
- Gordon Jackson, Event Safety Officer, Hibernian FC
PRODUCT INNOVATION AWARD
Awarded for a product or service that has uniquely transformed and improved the way stadiums, arenas and sports venues do business.
- Double-sided LED halo ring display (Coop Norrbotten Arena) Bright Group/infiLED
- Viola App – Mobile ticket wallet transfer FK Austria Vienna (keyper)
- NFC Ticketing via Apple Watch and iPhone at Allianz Arena (FC Bayern Munich/SkiData)
- CrowdKinetics’ analysis of Safe Standing (Premier League/BuroHappold)
- Oilers Flash Mob/Flashpoint LED light show at Rogers Place (Game Changer/Edmonton Oilers)
- Fantom smartband (Manchester City FC)
FAN EXPERIENCE AWARD
For the stadium, arena or major sports venue that has delivered consistently outstanding levels of service and fan experience at every stage of the customer journey.
- New East Stand hospitality spaces at Twickenham Stadium
- Fan-First culture at Liverpool FC
- STAGE staff induction and training programme (Fiserv Forum/Milwaukee Bucks)
- Smart Wearable Shirt SOLOS (Real Sociedad, Spain and AFL Sydney Derby)
- Benfica Tour 360 App (Sport Lisboa/Benfica)
- Flyers Family Fun Zone (Wells Fargo Arena/MVP)
SPONSORSHIP, SALES & MARKETING AWARD
Recognising the sponsorship, sales or marketing initiative which has delivered new audiences, new revenues and new partnerships.
- Atlanta United’s record-breaking ticket run to MLS Cup (Atlanta United FC/AMB Sports & Entertainment)
- A’s Access membership – new generation, flexible season ticket (Oakland Athletics/MLB)
- SoccerLease vehicle lease activation (Birmingham City FC/SG Fleet)
- Demand Release ticketing (tickets.ie/Newcastle Falcons/EPCR)
- Coors Light Beer Button (NBA Milwaukee Bucks/MillerCoors/Levy)
- AberDNA membership campaign (Aberdeen FC/Stadimax)
EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR AWARD
For the sports venue leader, pioneer or visionary that has over-delivered in the past 12 months.
- Brad Estes, President, Louisville City FC (USL)
- Kim Bedier, Director, Tacoma Venues & Events
- Laurie Dalrymple, Managing Director, Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
- Nick Sautner, CEO, Eden Park, New Zealand
- Thad Sheely, COO, Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena
VENUE OF THE YEAR AWARD
For the world’s best stadium, arena or sports venue. From the small local club venue to the mega-capacity national sports stadium, tell us which venue deserves recognition for its outstanding performance over the past 12 months, and why. Entries should refer to specific successes and achievements of the venue in the past year.
- Fiserv Forum, USA
- Banc of California Stadium, USA
- VTB Arena – Central Stadium “Dynamo” named after Lev Yashin, Russia
- Marvel Stadium, Australia
- State Farm Arena, USA
- Etihad Stadium, UK
OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
The Outstanding Achievement Award recognises an individual that has shown exceptional commitment, service and leadership to the stadium industry over a sustained period of time.
What are people saying?
You guys did a great job. Really enjoyed the programming and hospitality.
Scott Jenkins General Manager, Mercedes-Benz Stadium
The best conference I've ever attended!
Lee Zeidman President, STAPLES Center
Congratulations on a fabulous event. You guys really go the extra mile!
Chris Salmon Commercial Director, SG Fleet
A delightful summit… There are great opportunities ahead.
Javier Martinez CEO, JMTZ
Another great Summit. We couldn't be more pleased with our participation.