TheStadiumBusiness is delighted to unveil the finalists for the stadium sector’s 2022 Awards.
Our congratulations to all of our finalists for making the shortlists. We will be in touch shortly to advise the next steps of your nomination. Meanwhile, the full dossier (and supporting evidence) has been compiled and is on its way to the Judging Panel for final adjudication.
If you’re on the shortlists but not received your Awards Media Kit and Awards night invitation then do email us.
PROUDLY PRESENTING OUR 2022 FINALISTS:
EVENT OF THE YEAR
- March Madness – Caesars Superdome (ASM Global)
- Miami Grand Prix – Hard Rock Stadium
- NFL returns to London – Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
- #ConvertToZero Worcester Warriors vs Saracens – Sixways Stadium
- AFL Grand Final – Optus Stadium
- Sweden International Horse Show – Friends Arena
EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR
- Tim Leiweke – CEO, Oak View Group
- Justin Papadakis – COO & Chief Real Estate Officer, United Soccer League
- Jon Varney – CEO, Brentford FC
- Henry C. Staelens – CEO, Forest Green Rovers
- Alessandro Antonello – CEO, F.C. Internazionale
- Puck Drop Patio – Anaheim Ducks
- Savannah Bananas baseball team
- Mainz 05 – aiding return of fans with IoT, fan analytics
- San Francisco 49ers’ member-inclusive menu
- Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment’s AWS deal
- Virtual Game Day at Capital One Arena
- Meridian barriers – TIAA Bank Field
- Fight Camp – Matchroom Boxing in association with Hashtag Digital Media
- Digital Truist Park – Atlanta Braves
- ASM Global’s PopID rollout
- Levy launches DBK Studio
- Amazon’s Just Walk Out tech
SPONSORSHIP, SALES & MARKETING
- Spotify Camp Nou
- Crypto.com Arena
- Nokia Arena
- Intuit Dome
- Headingley/Clean Slate
- River Plate/Mas Monumental
SUSTAINABILITY & COMMUNITY
- #WeBikeTogether – AGF Aarhus
- Art in the Park – Eden Park
- Home Park’s contribution to COVID recovery in Plymouth
- Wolfsburg joins UN’s Race to Zero campaign
- Allegiant Stadium reduces environmental footprint
- SoFi Stadium’s waste management/recycling programmes
VENUE OF THE YEAR
- Footprint Center
- Optus Stadium
- Capital One Arena
- UBS Arena
- Europa-Park Stadion
- Stade Me Abdoulaye Wade (Senegal)
- ADI’s digital overhaul at Turf Moor
- Humanforce software solution at Levy venues
- Accor Stadium debuts huge new screen
- Osasuna’s facial recognition tech
- Brooklyn Nets debut Netaverse concept
- Inter’s air quality technology deal with Panasonic
- The Outstanding Achievement Award recognises an individual that has shown exceptional commitment, service and leadership to the stadium, arena and major venue industry over a sustained period of time. (And no, they don’t have to be retiring any time soon!)
- No shortlist. Recipient is selected privately by TheStadiumBusiness Awards team and will be announced at the 2022 Winners Party.
If you made the shortlists, we’ll be in touch shortly!
Winners will be announced on evening of 5 July at #SBS22 in Manchester. See you there!
What are people saying?
“The Summit was superb! So many interesting presentations and panel discussions... we’ll definitely be back next year!”
Kathryn Morgan Business Development Director, Sodexo Live!
You guys did a great job. Really enjoyed the programming and hospitality.
Scott Jenkins General Manager, Mercedes-Benz Stadium
The best conference I've ever attended!
Lee Zeidman President, STAPLES Center
Over the past decade you have done an incredible job to build this event. A truly international stage...
Jean Christophe Gileta President , Live Stadium
Thanks for putting on another great event. It exceeded expectations – both in terms of the quantity and quality – of conversations over the two days...
Business Development Director Sports and Entertainment, Oracle Hospitality
Another great eventy. Always nice to catch up with the industry – and get all those ideas flowing